Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week 1: Patriotic Profile

I'm a sucker for stark photos and leafless trees; so this photo isn't out of the realm of ordinary for me. Surprisingly the tree is not what drew my attention. I have to thank my daughter for planting herself against the sliding glass doors last night. Otherwise I probably would not have noticed this gorgeous sunset. The colors were so vivid; and you can be certain that my photo does not serve them justice. I even took the time to drag my husband away from his video game to take it all in. I can confidently say he was neither mad nor disappointed. It is nice to be reminded that we live in a country where anything can happen. Even a red, white, and blue sunset.

I am proud to say that I have been working on shooting without flash. It was killing the colors in all my photos. It seems like an elementary step in photography, but for me it is a big one. I have been consciously adjusting my ISO and shutter speed for a few months now on most of my photos. I hope to improve significantly, getting the right color plus clarity!

ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/25 sec Aperture: 5.6 Focal Length: 40mm Flash Used: No

No comments:

Post a Comment